Our Executive Board is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Barts Cancer Institute (BCI) and the Barts Cancer Research UK Centre (BCC). Its aims are:· To develop and implement strategy for the BCC.
- To determine the expenditure of CR-UK’s core funding, defining the posts required to ensure efficient, general support for the Centre and deciding on major capital investment.
- To ensure the proper running of the non-clinical and clinical training programme and monitor student/staff performance.
- To foster collaboration toward securing programme, project grant and fellowship funding.
- To undertake pre-submission peer review of grant applications and bids for industrial and other sources of funding.
- To support senior staff in the performance management of the BCC.
- To receive and monitor the BCC budget reports and maintain the Centre in balance.
- To ensure local engagement with the external community
Executive Board Members
|Chair||Professor Nick Lemoine|
|BCI Deputy Chair||Professor Kairbaan Hodivala-Dilke|
|BCC Governance Board Principal Investigator Members||Professor Jack Cuzick, Professor Peter Sasieni|
|Governance Board Principal Investigator Member, Centre Lead||Professor John Gribben|
|Centre Lead||Professor Fran Balkwill
|Centre Lead||Professor Christopher Heeschen|
|Centre Lead||Dr Tyson Sharp|
|Centre Lead||Professor Peter Schmid|
|Centre Lead||Professor Sir Nicholas Wright|
|CR-UK PI Grant Holders||Professor Jude Fitzgibbon, Dr Michelle Lockley|
|BCC Core Services Director||Professor John Marshall|
|Head of Research Computing||Mr Jonathan Croft|
|Senior Cancer Nurse||Ms Claire Murrell|
|Senior Manager||Dr Delphine Purves|
|Deputy Manager/BCI||Ms Kate Fromant|
|Deputy Manager/CCP Manager||Ms Ellie Stewart|
|CR-UK Research Engagement Manager|
|Junior Board Representative||Dr Daniel Foxler|
|Secretariat||Ms Laura Odell|
For more information on Queen Mary's Governance and Council members please visit the Queen Mary University of London page here.
Our Research and Academic staff are supported in their work by teams of professional and administrative staff.
|Professor Nick Lemoine||Institute Director|
|Professor Kairbaan Hodivala-Dilke||Deputy Director|
|Dr Delphine Purves||Institute Manager|
|Ms Kate Fromant||Assistant Institute Manager|
|Mr Jonathan Croft||Head of Research Computing|
|Ms Laura Odell||Office Manager/PA to the Director|
|Mr Matthew Grange||Administrator|
|Ms Sophie Malin||Reception and Administrative Assistant|
|Professor John Marshall||Postgraduate Teaching Lead|
|Dr Richard Grose||Undergraduate Teaching Lead|
|Mr Bijen Patel||Clinical Senior Lecturer|
|Ms Olivia Cooper||Senior Academic Co-ordinator|
|Mr Vipul Bhakta||Principal Laboratory Manager
Centre for Molecular Oncology
|Dr Gavin Craig||Centre for Cancer and Inflammation|
|Ms Debbie Buckle||Centre for Tumour Biology|
|Ms Marjia Monsur||Centre for Experimental Cancer Medicine|
|Mr Andrew Palfreeman||Centre for Stem Cells in Cancer & Ageing|
|Dr Sabari Vallath||Deputy Laboratory Manager
Centre for Haemato-Oncology
|Ms Sameena Iqbal||Operations Manager|