Next Generation Sequencing
with Roche 454 GS FLX+ System
Deep sequencing up to 1000 bp read length and up to 1.1 Gb / run
Roche 454 GS FLX+ System provides a unique combination of long sequencing reads and exceptional accuracy. This makes the system well suited for the sequencing of genomes that contain repetitive or unknown regions, as well as deep sequencing of Amplicon libraries.
Why choose the GS FLX+ System?
- True capillary sequencing-like read lengths.
- High-throughput: Generate 1 million high-quality reads per run; ~700 Mb throughput.
- Flexible sequencing formats: Broad selection of gaskets and Multiplex Identifiers (MIDs) enables efficient use of sequencing runs.
- Easy to integrate the data into de novo assemblies, reference mapping and amplicon variant analysis.
Examples of Application
- De novo sequencing by whole shotgun approach and closure of gaps using paired-end applications and Sanger sequencing.
- Re-sequencing and comparative genomics including sequence assembly and mapping to a reference genome.
- Transcriptome analysis by generating standard or normalised full length optimised cDNA libraries.
- Metagenome analysis by sequencing the whole genomic content or 16S rDNA in a complex sample (high specificity due to long read length; sorting and clustering of reads).
- Amplicon sequencing and analysis of variants (SNPs) using state-of-the-art analysis tools (e.g. Roche GS Amplicon Variant Analyzer).
- Sequencing of tagged fosmids / BACs.
- DNA methylation analysis.
Service available to
- External clients
Please contact Service Manager for costs, but typical XL+ run is £5,500.